This paper looks at the fundamentals of management and cost accounting and their application in cost ascertainment, the control of operations, and the provision of information to assist management decision-making and policy formulation.
Management Accounting learning outcomes:
- Explain the role of management and cost accounting within an organisation.
- Describe the nature of costs and how and why they are classified in different ways for different purposes.
- Calculate material, labour, expense and overhead costs for products, processes, services and functions.
- Identify and discuss appropriate principles and techniques to advise managers on short-term and long-run decision making.
In addition to comprehensive syllabus targeted material our Learning & Practice Workbook offers:
- Exam focus - we have taken account of recent exams, guidance the examiner has given and the assessment methodology
- Help to study in the way that best suits your learning style and the time you have available
- Assistance with creating a personal study plan
- A way to review your progress through Fast forwards, Exam focus points, Chapter roundups and Quick quizzes
- Exam question bank containing AIA exam-standard questions with answers